When we first found out we were moving I was excited for Ashley and Blake but wasn't too sure if this was the right move for my family. We had a life in Auburn that I wasn't ready to leave. All of our best friends were in Auburn and I loved the town. I loved our house and our neighborhood and was not ready to pick up and go. We had just bought the house and that was Sydney's home. That was our first home together as a family. Even the first couple of months we were here I still missed "home". I missed being close to family and I missed my house. We would travel to Auburn occasionally and see our friends and that did not help with the adjustment. If I was ever home by myself I could always call Abby and she would come over to hang out with me and Sydney. When Jason got really sick she watched Sydney (who had a stomach virus) so that I could take him to the doctor. Yes, she got the stomach virus but the entire time she was sick she said it was no problem and she knew that I needed her help. I miss Abby a lot. I miss having her a phone call away and us always hanging out and her always being there for me.
I started really loving Northport and realizing that this was the place for my family on Halloween. I loved taking Sydney "Trick or Treating" in Ashley and Blake's neighborhood. I loved watching her walk up to the pumpkins and say "Trick or Treat". In December when Sydney had her "episodes" (I call them this because we still are not sure exactly what happened), I realized this is the best thing for us. I saw how many people truely cared about us. Of course we have had Ashley and Black this entire time, and they have been more than generous. But I didn't really realize how many people really did care about my sweet baby until December 7th. Brooke (a manager at Chick-fil-A, who I have become very close to) came with Ashley to the hospital to check on Sydney. She even ran to Target to get Sydney diapers and her binkies. She will never know how much that meant to me. I could cry on her shoulder and I knew she wanted to help Sydney, Jason, and me anyway she could. That was when I knew we have a new home. I home where we are making new friends, friends that will always be there for us whenever we need them. Alison has also been a great friend as well. She helped us find a home and friends that I'm sure we will never want to leave. Thank you Alison for everything you have done for us as well. We are building our lives here and I love it. Sydney is going to grow up in a wonderful town, a wonderful home, and a wonderful school.
Auburn will always be our first home, but Northport to me at this point in our family's life is the best thing that could of happened to us. Sydney has made so many friends, we have made so many friends, and we have more people that care about us here than we could of ever imagined.
Ashley and Blake thank you so much for all ya'll have done for us since we have been here. Thank you for bringing us with you. We really do love it here and are excited about building our lives here and growing our family =) here. Ashley you have been so wonderful to me and I love you so much for that. I will always be here for Gracie as you have been for Sydney. I love you!! You really are my sister.
We can not wait to make more wonderful friends!!! We are home especially once our house gets built I'm sure I will never want to leave!!
No comments:
Post a Comment